How to Make Independence Day Lanterns
Fourth of July crafts are so fun. A great excuse to slow down a bit during the middle of summer. Here is an easy craft idea for the 4th of July: Independence Day Lanterns. You just need some construction paper in red, white and blue, scissors and a stapler.
Want more activities? Sign up for our Newsletter (over on the right ⇒⇒) to receive weekly email updates every time we add a new activity. Plus, get an ebook filled with over 40 Nursery Rhymes just for signing up.
Have you tried this activity? Let us know how you liked it in the comments below.
- Construction Paper (red, white and blue)
- Fold paper in half, length-wise.
- Cut several times, on the folded side, from the fold to about one inch from the edge. Space them evenly apart.
- Cut the very last strip all the way off.
- Unfold the paper and make a cylinder out of it.
- Glue or staple the ends together.
- Use the last strip of paper you cut as a handle.
- Cut stars out of the construction paper and glue them to the lantern.
- You can also add another strip of color around the top and bottom of the lantern.
- You can string a bunch of them together and use them as decoration for parties.