How to Make a Paper Plate Ladybug - Wings Closed
Ladybugs are loved by almost everyone. They are so pretty. It's the only "bug" I let crawl on my hand. Well, if you like ladybugs as much as we do, this easy ladybug craft is something fun to make. Just a few ingredients is all it takes to make these.
Want more activities? Sign up for our Newsletter (over on the right ⇒⇒) to receive weekly email updates every time we add a new activity. Plus, get an ebook filled with over 40 Nursery Rhymes just for signing up.
Have you tried this activity? Let us know how you liked it in the comments below.
- Paper Plate
- Construction Paper (black and white for head and eyes)
- Pipe Cleaners (legs and antenna)
- Paint (optional)
- Option 1 - Paint the paper plate red. After it dries, paint black dots on it and a black line down the middle.
- Option 2 - Use markers to make the plate red. Add black dots and a line down the middle.
- Option 3 – Use red construction paper to cut out the same size as the plate and glue it. Mark black dots and a line down the middle.
- Cut out shapes for head and eyes from the construction paper. (Click here for the template for the ladybug head and eyes or at the bottom of the instructions.)
- Glue the head to the plate.
- Glue the eyes onto the head.
- Punch holes on the side of the plate for the legs (3 on each side) and two on the top for the antenna.
- Thread the pipe cleaners through each hole and twist to keep in place.
- Shape them for feet and antenna.
- Have fun!