How to Make a Pinwheel
Pinwheels are a fun summer craft. After making them, you can take them outside and watch the breeze blow the beautiful colors.
Want more activities? Sign up for our Newsletter (over on the right ⇒⇒) to receive weekly email updates every time we add a new activity. Plus, get an ebook filled with over 40 Nursery Rhymes just for signing up.
Have you tried this activity? Let us know how you liked it in the comments below.
- Construction Paper
- Crayons, Markers, Stickers, etc. to Decorate with
- Stick (or wooden dowel or straw or clothspin)
- Hole Punch
- Paper Fastener
- Small Washer
- Cut a piece of construction paper so it is a 6 inch by 6 inch square.
- Decorate the construction paper with crayons, etc.
- Cut from each corner into the center of the square, leaving a one inch circle uncut in the center.
- Fold every other corner into the center and tape it down.
- Have the decorated part of the paper be on the outside.
- Punch a hole in the center.
- Put the paper fastener through the small washer and then the hole in the pinwheel (paper).
- Wrap the ends of the fastener around the end of the stick or clothspin.
- If using a clothspin, you can clip it to whatever you want.