How to Make Word Flash Cards
Want a fun way to learn letters and words? This craft is fun to make and a great way to learn letters and start learning words. Word flashcards with pictures are a great way to do this.
Want more activities? Sign up for our Newsletter (over on the right ⇒⇒) to receive weekly email updates every time we add a new activity. Plus, get an ebook filled with over 40 Nursery Rhymes just for signing up.
Have you tried this activity? Let us know how you liked it in the comments below.
- Index Cards
- Markers or Crayons
- Magazines to Cut Up
- Cut out pictures of various objects from magazines. (Your child can help with this part for words they want to know.)
- Glue those pictures on to index cards.
- On other index cards, write the names of those objects.
- Help your child to match the words with the objects to get to recognize the words.
- As your child gets older or if your child is already older, you can turn this into a matching game by having the cards turned over and matching the words to the objects to remove them from the game.
- Older kids can help to make the cards.